Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
Ahhhhhh….a warm bath, glass of wine and a little peace and quiet. Sounds heavenly, right!?!
Well, it can be but unfortunately, most mommas aren’t doing this wonderful ritual and there is a reason why. It’s because we’re busy. It’s a feeling that I know all too well.
Just a few months ago, I started making bath time a regular ritual. A few nights a week, I take a half an hour and just sit and enjoy. I pin recipes to my pinterest account, I read a book or I just close my eyes and give thanks.
I started doing this because I knew that my adrenals were taxed and that adrenal fatigue was something that I was suffering from. I also knew that stress, be it just the every day stressors of life, were a component of that diagnosis and could be raising my cortisol levels. None of that is healthy so, I decided to start carving out some “me” time. A bath, a quick nap, a walk on my treadmill are just a few examples of what I like to do.
Epsom salt baths are nothing new. I remember being a young girl and it being a staple in our home for bruises and sprains. Top Natural Health Professionals say that an epsom salt bath can….
- Increases magnesium levels in the body, which is important for great health and sometimes hard to get via diet alone (even a real food diet).
- Increases sulfate levels in the body. Sulfate is needed for proper liver detox, which helps removes those yucky toxins.
- Lowers stress hormones. This has yet to be tested in studies, however those who’ve done an Epsom salt bath know it is a truly wonderful ritual.
So today, I want to share some of my favorite epsom salt bath recipes. You can use essential oils of any kind but I’ll suggest a few that I use myself. You’ll want to add this to your bath as the water is filling up and allow it to dissolve into the water. Soak for 20-30 minutes.
Essential Oils Bath
– Handful of Epsom Salts
– 1/2 C of Baking Soda
– 10 drops of Essential oil of your choice added to carrier oil of choice (jojoba, fractionated coconut oil, etc.)
- Lavender– Calming
- Grapefruit – Uplifting
- Peppermint– Fatigue
- Cedarwood – Depression
- Chamomile & Rosemary– Headache
If you haven’t had the opportunity to carve out some me time, I encourage you to do so. Your body and your mind will THANK YOU!
Do you have a favorite “me time” ritual that you do? I would love to hear back. Our community is always looking for new ways to better their heath.
See here for a full Disclosure.